Strawberry Bush for Deer: Why Are They Called Best Plants For Deer
If you are looking for plants that deer love, look no further, and plant Strawberry Bush for Deer! These plants are so popular with deer that they have earned the nickname “best plant for deer.” Deers love to eat the leaves and fruit of Strawberry Bush, making them an excellent choice if you are trying to attract deer to your property. In this blog post, we will discuss the reasons why Strawberry Bushes make such great plants for deer, as well as some tips on how to grow them successfully.
Why Deers Love Strawberry Bush:
- Strawberry Bush is a great source of nutrition for deer, providing them with protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals.
- The leaves and fruit of Strawberry Bush are both delicious and nutritious, making it an ideal food choice for deer.
- Strawberry Bushes are easy to grow and can thrive in a variety of climates, making them an excellent option for homeowners who want to attract deer to their property.
How To Plant Strawberry Bush:
- Plant Strawberry Bushes in soil that is rich in organic matter and has good drainage.
- Make sure the plants have plenty of room to grow; they should be spaced at least 36 inches apart.
- Water the plants regularly, especially during periods of drought.
- Fertilize the plants with a balanced fertilizer once or twice a year.
- Prune the plants regularly to keep them healthy and encourage new growth.
What Is The Best Time To Plant Strawberry Bush:
- Strawberry Bushes can be planted in the spring or fall, depending on your location.
- In colder climates, it is best to plant them in the fall, so they have time to become established before winter arrives.
- In warmer climates, it is best to plant them in the spring so they can get a head start on growing before summer arrives.
Pro Tips To Care For Strawberry Bushes:
- Strawberry Bushes can be susceptible to pests and diseases, so keep an eye out for any signs of trouble and take corrective action as needed.
- Protect the plants from deer browsing; if necessary, use a fence or other deterrents to keep the deer away.
If you are looking for a plant that deer love, Strawberry Bush is a great option. These plants are easy to grow and thrive in a variety of climates, making them an excellent choice for homeowners who want to attract deer to their property. Strawberry Bushes are also a good source of nutrition for deer, providing them with protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. Keep an eye out for pests and diseases when growing Strawberry Bushes, and protect the plants from deer browsing if necessary. Thanks for reading!